Learn French Geneva by the Swiss Language Academy (LFG-SLA) is a language school founded in 2010 and managed by Mrs. Anouche Karaman, which offers individualized face-to-face courses to expatriates. Initially based in Geneva and providing French courses to expats and their families, the school is now present in all Switzerland and offers courses in several languages with its team of 50 active teachers and as many on standby. LFG-SLA offers a personalized and flexible language training service for expatriates and their loved-ones with specific objectives and and quality requirements.
LFG-SLA is not a platform to connect tutors and learners but a school which relies on a team of teachers recruited with a wide range of skills and whose added value comes from a high quality of service and great flexibility:
- Wide-range schedule (7am to 9pm, 7 days a week), regular or flexible according to the learner's availability
- Flexibility of teaching location
- Flexibility of the delivery method (face-to-face or distance with a real teacher)
- The possibility to choose from several available teachers and change teachers in case of dissatisfaction or change of criteria
- A high level of reactivity in terms of contact and management in general.
In addition, LFG-SLA provides its clients with a wide range of resources and materials on its dedicated website.
What makes us different
- Real flexibility, any day, Monday to Sun lessons, any time from 8am to 9pm, anywhere, with Skype follow-up when you are away.
- Any level from A0 to C2
- Any age from children, teens to adults
- In person or distance online lessons
- At work or at home. For you, your spouse, your children
- Company courses available
- State of the art website for autonomous practice (over 3’000 exercises covering comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, conjugation, at your fingertips)
- Tailored coaching based on the customer’s level of expertise
- All our teachers are at least bilingual and have experienced the expat life
- Themed lessons based on business, legal, financial, medical and construction work (French, German or Italian vocabulary and French, German or Italian communication)
- Language (DELF, DALF, TCF), FIDE, Goether, TOEFL, IELTS etc and citizenship exam preparation
- Highly intensive program, 25h over one or two weeks to jump to the next level of CEFR (A0->A1->A2>B1>B2>C1>C2)
- 20 mn free trial available on demand
- 24h advance notice cancellation policy
- Evening group classes downtown Geneva, near the Geneva train station Cornavin
- Satisfaction guarantee: in case you do not like your trainer, you can work with another one
We have a wide range of services that cater to all the unique requirements of our customers.
- 1-on-1 tutoring, semi-private or small groups classes, 1-2 week intensive classes
- All ages (as early as 5 y.o.) and locations (at home, at work)
- All day long (we offer morning, lunchtime, afternoon, evening and weekend options)
- All levels (from absolute beginner to highly advanced)
- Tailored coaching based on the customer’s level of expertise
- Language exam preparation (DELF, DALF, TCF)
- Swiss citizenship exam preparation
- French as a foreign language coaching for aspiring FLE teachers
"It was quick and easy to sign up for much needed French classes. Nathalie my coach was excellent with 1-2-1 lessons and exercises tailored specifically to my learning needs. I achieved way more than I ever dreamed of with 25 hours of coaching."
"One-on-one teaching of a language is far and away the best way to learn. The Learn French Geneva approach allows me the flexibility to have my lessons as my job allows. And my teacher is qualified, passionate, professional and patient. Highly recommended."
"I am having my courses as one on one basis with Nadia. I can truly say that i am very satisfied with her professionalism and quality of teaching. Would definitely recommend!"
"I have been a client of Learn French Geneva (‘LFG’) for over two years. I am originally Canadian, so took French all the way through school, but I am 59 years old and that was 40 years ago. Landing in Europe, with kids in French-language schools and work issues largely in French required that I bring French back to ‘top of mind.’ I’m fairly busy, so don’t have a lot of time to devote to language study. I found that LFG met my needs pretty precisely. They use their own teaching method, which cuts across traditional approaches to deliver an efficient, rules-based approach to French. Their website is amazing, with links to just about every type of French-langauge resource you can imagine. Within six months I was speaking sufficient French to be able to handle ‘life’, both in terms of work and in terms of my personal and family life. I still do all my children’s parent-teacher conferences in French and speak to my children’s friends’ parents in French, as well as use the language regularly in my business and personal life. In Switzerland French speakers often recognize that, as an anglophone Canadian, my background in French is comparable to their background in German. Based on that comparison, they are both gracious and surprised at my ability to communicate so effectively. I owe that to LFG."
Is originally from France and has been teaching language since eight years.She is a specialist primary school teacher holding a certificate for students with particular needs. She's on hand to help these students and their family; She works closely with psychologists and many other para-pedagogical people. She makes every student's well-being top priority coupled with differentiated learning based on success.In addition to her native language, she also speaks English - level C1 and has a smattering of German. Before teaching, she worked as a chemical Engineer in Gemalto company, the leader in credit cards manufacturing, for fifteen years.Her key skills are adaptability, well-wishing attitude and good organization.
I am a certified trainer for adults: I teach French as a Foreign Language (FLE) from level A1 to C1 (private and group lessons), I have students from different nationalities. I have a Bachelor's degree in English; I worked in diplomatic Embassies and have been a member of a writing workshop for ten years: I write short stories in French. I am Swiss, NLP (Neuro-Linguistic programming) practionner and coach. I am a very patient teacher, I accompany my students with kindness, I adopt a program tailored to their needs, I focus on conversation. A touch of humour is essential in my courses, I use different supports to prepare my lessons: one part of the lesson is prepared, the other part is 'open': it depends on what will emerge during the class. We can't do bad work when we are happy and motivated to see our students, and love our job!
I have been teaching French as a Foreign Language since 2012 from level A1 to level C1 to adults, young adults, and children between 8 and 12. My classes are fun and encouraging and I always adapt my approach according to the students and their needs. Bilingual French-Finnish, I have completed my primary, secondary, and university education in bilingual institutions in Algeria, Finland, and Belgium. Besides teaching French classes I am a professional English-Finnish and French-Finnish translator and also fluent in Portuguese. I am thus able to teach in English, Portuguese, and Finnish.
I am an experienced and qualified teacher and have been teaching French (FLE) for many years in Geneva and abroad to adults and children at all levels in classes, small groups and .....
Getting a quote based on your requirement is just few clicks.Get your quote now